Sunday 25 September 2011

Three weeks

In three weeks time exactly, it will be the morning of my wedding, and I will have a severe case of nerves...


I know I will feel excited, nervous, anxious, and yet strangely calm.

Because there won't be any doubts. It seems the most natural thing in the world to be getting married, even though two years ago marriage never entered my mind. Strange how much can happen in so short a time.

And it's strange how variable time can seem to be. Sometimes it seems to crawl along so slowly that it's almost stopped, and yet at other times it disappears like a handful of sand running through your fingers. It was Albert Einstein who explained it like this. "When you sit with a girl you like for two hours, it seems like two minutes. But if you were to touch a hot stove for two minutes, it would seem like two hours. That's relativity." And that describes the last year and a half precisely :)

But I think my mum explained it best when she texted me 9 weeks ago, and explained to me that it was twelve weeks to my wedding, and that one week is really nothing at all, and so twelve times nothing is still nothing :D....

And the last nine weeks have really seemed to vanish like some much sand pouring away....

Three weeks.... Just 24 days. 576 hours. 34560 minutes. Nothing at all really.

No comments:

Post a Comment